View Single Post
Old August 4, 2009, 11:42 AM   #2
5whiskey

To really answer your questions.

1. Yes and no. It's really not hard at all. You can do it yourself. The thing is... it does require a little attention to detail. If you aren't careful then results could turn out pretty nasty. The thing is, it's not that it's super uber hard to do... it's more that if you do screw up you're going to have to work 5xs harder with a dremel to prep a do-over.

2. I would think 60 bucks should cover it. I would do it for 60 bucks... of course I would do it for 30 but I'm not a professional smith with a open for public shop.

3. Hmm... if it's not pillared I would do that as well. IMHO, pillaring is more to protect the stock when you seperate stock/action for cleaning. The action bolts really shouldn't be transferring much if any recoil to the stock, but you still have to be careful about torquing the bolts if it's not pillared. I would do it. Someone will beat me up for suggesting this, but countersinking the action bolt holes in the stock slightly so you could use a quality flat washer on the action bolts would really be just as good as pillaring. Of course, to do that properly isn't much easier than installing pillars, so you may as well pillar it.

4. Can't help you there.

Page generated in 0.03198 seconds with 8 queries