View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 06:49 AM   #6
FloridaVeteran

For a while, at least, "The ABCs of Reloading" was available free in Kindle format. I grabbed it. You might check to see if it is free now (I think I got it from Amazon). Not the same as a full-color book you can put page markers in all over the place, but a handy take-along for when you have to wait for your wife to get something done.

My reloading teacher and mentor was very precise with his loading and I picked up all those habits, so, like 10-96, I have a couple of single-stage presses and can use a friend's progressive when I want to crank out bulk plinking or practice ammo. The only think I recommend caution about is buying a cheap all-in-one kit because you tend to get an OK starter press in a box filled with many crappy other parts, like the powder scale and measure - so that you soon find yourself buying proper ones and similar other components, often of a different brand. For example, you might buy a Lee press but an RCBS hand primer (the original one, not the universal, btw).

Best single thing you can do, IMO and if possible, is to visit the bench of a reloader, look at all the stuff and ask questions. If you have a copy of a catalog like Midway's along, even better because you can get suggestions, piece by piece.

If you don't shoot a whole lot of shotgun, you might be better off collecting a good quality bullet setup before even looking at shotgun-shell reloaders.

Page generated in 0.02326 seconds with 8 queries