View Single Post
Old April 15, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
TX Hunter

I have fallen in love with a Black Powder Rifle

I took an interest in Black Powder Rifles watching Jim Shockey on TV, I admit it. The Guy is pretty Cool.
Well the County I hunt in Started adding a Black Powder Season, and I thought it would be neat to try it.
I bought a Used Traditions Persuit from my Mother at her shop, it had all kinds of loads, pellets and supplies, then I added a Sling and later after Christmas a Leupold ultimate Slam Scope.
Today I took it out and sighted it in, and Its very accurate, easy to hit a paper plate at 130 yards, With a Double Pellet load, and a Jacketed bullet, then I thought I would play a bit, and used Round Ball over a Single Pyrodex pellet, it would still hit anything I shot at with very good accuracy, mild report and very little recoil. infact my 11 year old Daughter was able to shoot it.
The gun is so accurate, and feels so good, Im planing to use it during the regular season, and for Hogs during the off season.
I may be on here from time to time, asking questions and bugging you guys, And I will post pictures when I get them, but the Rifle is Cool, its black and silver with a thumb hole stock. I didnt know it was this adicting.

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries