View Single Post
Old October 3, 2010, 09:46 AM   #15
WC145

In Maine concealed carry in hospitals is limited by policy, not statute. I think the only exceptions might be Veteran's hospitals/facilities because they're federal.

As an aside, when I spoke to HR about carrying in spite of hospital policy because I'm a LEO the question of posting the hosptial as a "no Concealed Weapons area" came up. They asked my opinion and I told them that I didn't think there would be any benefit to it, that the only people it would affect are the law abiding, and I explained the process for getting a CC license here. After some discussion the HR director (who is very liberal) agreed with me and took that argument to the CEO and the rest of the administration and the decision was made to NOT post the hospital and that's how it remains. No benefit to the employees but at least we're not infringing on the rights of those legally carrying.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03579 seconds with 8 queries