View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 01:10 PM   #27
woodguru

44amp,

Good point, I have a friend that owns a bar here in Placerville (that took some hoop jumping) who is a felon by right of being a registered sex offender. The story of how that came about is about as strange as any story gets.

He had a severe case of the trots while driving, he pulled over and tried to hide as well as possible behind the edge of his car, dropped his drawers and let it fly. A cop pulled in behind him but he wasn't even close to being through so he couldn't pull his pants back up. The cop was standing behind him when another bout ripped and he crapped on the edge of the cop's shoe said cop didn't have any sense of humor or sympathy and wrote him for public exposure and defecating in a public place.

It is my opinion that the legal system was a bit overzealous on the felony thing, this is a good and responsible type guy who should not have to be deprived of the right to have and enjoy arms. He actually said he has a pretty big problem with the concept of being a registered sex offender, think about it and how badly that could be misinterpreted.

I know other people who have the lame type felony so it definitely happens.

I lived on acreage and even though people do shoot in my area it is technically incorporated city so it is illegal to discharge firearms. I had new neighbors who didn't like me shooting and I had the police show up. They told me if I were to get an overzealous cop I could have my guns confiscated and an overly aggressive DA could charge me with felony discharge in city limits. The officers who were out were sympathetic to not unleashing that nightmare and I agreed to stop shooting.

I went over and had a discussion with the neighbor (a nice one) and explained to him how badly something could be blown out of proportion if neighbors take to calling the police instead of coming over and talking to the person directly. I had him come over and showed him how I was shooting in an inner courtyard toward my house with a plenty good enough backstop that there was no possibility of strays. He agreed that had he seen where I was shooting it wouldn't have bothered him.

I stopped shooting as there was no way I wanted to push a felony that would make it illegal for me to have guns, I figured I had dodged a bullet on that one, no point in pushing it further.

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries