View Single Post
Old February 5, 2001, 12:40 AM   #4
dick w. holliday

lee factory crimp die

i've got the factory crimp dies and i would not count on them to resize at all. the crimp dies i am familiar with will put a three or four sectioned crimp around the mouth of the casing....i also load a bunch of 9mm and use to load a bunch of 40...i suspect the problem you are having is at the base of the casing where the die does not reach. have you ever noticed any of your brass starting to look like a belted magnum rifle case?? that's a combination of a high pressure casing like the 9mm/40/38super and the die not being able to reach down that far.....you've proably got a single stage loader(i hope) take a shell holder and take metal off the top where it contacts the bottom of the sizing die. therefore more of your shell is going up into the die. i also use spraylube on the casings before sizing (Carbide or not). you won't be working your brass as hard that way. also your cut down shell holder will last longer-i've had several tear off the area that holds the shell in. hope this helps..Dick

Page generated in 0.03420 seconds with 8 queries