View Single Post
Old June 30, 2013, 07:18 AM   #40
noelf2

Quote:
Rights are unconditional. They come with no responsibilities.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. You may have freedom of speech, but you obviously can be arrested for saying/yelling things that disturb the peace, if that's your goal. So if your goal is to carry an AR15 to disturb the peace, I can't blame a cop for hauling you in and checking you out (psych eval?). But there should be no laws against carrying an AR15 with a 3 point sling if that's all you have, and you can calmly articulate that to a police officer that's checking you out (however you have no obligation to enter a consensual conversation with a cop). They can tell if you are a wacko or a trouble maker based on your attitude and body language. They would like to see your ID, but that's usually an unlawful request and unnecessary anyway. So I think these folks with the cameras do a public service, in a way. I've got better things to do than to get harassed and hauled in to jail, just to be let free in a couple hours with no more than a video to brag about. Maybe if I were younger.....

Quote:
Lots of people claim that this is going to cause us to look bad and theyre afraid itll hurt us. I think sitting back and doing nothing is hurting us more than anything. Living in fear isnt part of who I am and wont ever be.
Right on, brother! In fact, the opposite seems to be happening in the states. The more 2A is in the limelight, the quicker people are getting educated. For the most part, it seems, in our favor.

Last edited by noelf2; June 30, 2013 at 07:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03635 seconds with 8 queries