Thread: Old Army "ting"
View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009, 12:12 PM   #7
olyinaz

Thanks guys

Thanks loads guys, I really appreciate it.

Aussie feller: (I'd call you buy name if you'd given it!) Thanks for the very detailed ideas regarding where the noise is coming from. I'll try taking it all the way down and see if I can find something. I've had this beauty for over 20 years and really do clean it well after shooting (grips off, hot soapy water etc.) but I've not done a complete take down so I'll give it a try.

What's great to hear is that some of you also hear something similar but it's also good to hear that perhaps some don't so maybe there's some hope of me getting rid of the noise. After the Army and flying airplanes and everything else I've done to my hearing I've got that damned ringing noise in my ears 24/7 as well but by George the noise still comes through loud and clear. It's perhaps even more annoying because of my hearing loss (if you can fathom that).

Dude from Oz: I'll have to admit that I was flabbergasted to hear that you have SASS type shooting Down Under! I've been to lovely Sydney and I enjoy pretty much everything Australian except what I thought I knew of your gun laws and I didn't think you could even posses a Ruger Old Army much less a Glock! That really surprised me.

If anyone else can hear this noise do please let me know because I'd like to know if it's just a standard issue thing regarding the Old Army.

Best,
Oly

Last edited by olyinaz; March 8, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.02554 seconds with 8 queries