View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 02:13 PM   #10
BigJimP

Yes, its 2nd nature to me....but its because I've practiced it a long time...

You can practice it in your shop or the basement...with a timer. Just one tip ....smooth ..is better than "too fast"...and fumbling ....

...but there are tips I was taught in some classes too .... like when shooting at a target....keep the gun at that height ( don't drop it down ) rotate it a little - but keep the front sight up and at the target ...when you slam the replacement mag into the gun - all you do is rotate the gun ...and commence firing ...because you kept it up and basically on target....

Its the little things that make you "quick"...

but an attacker walking toward you from 20 Ft.../ ideally, if you can put shots on target...you won't have to reload...it'll be over in 2 or 3 shots...in the 4 sec or so, it'll take an attacker to cross that 20 feet....you aren't going to fire 7 or 8 shots and have to reload..../ although I might fire 3 or 4 ...and then do a tactical reload as the attacker withdraws or drops...

Tactical accuracy gets into this scenario ....you have to be tactically accurate and put shots on target in that zone from nipple to nipple ...and down to the belly button ....as quickly as you can ---but not spray and pray ...and expect to fire a gun to empty and reload and keep firing in under 4 sec...or so .../ its the wrong approach in my view.

Page generated in 0.04201 seconds with 8 queries