View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 07:06 PM   #60
Mike / Tx

Now I'm starting to see the light here. All along I was thinking it was the powder, or the measure being used, and even the technique, man was I wrong, all along it's been those little pop gun calibers your trying to load with it.

Sorry I simply couldn't help it.

I had mentioned to dacaur in a PM that I have loaded for quite a while and from a VERY young age. I have used more than my share of flake powders in varied ammo. Mostly it has been shotshells, but I have also crammed plenty into revolver and semi auto ammo. Thing is, nothing I load is under a 38 SPL, so, like was mentioned by Mike, I really don't have to sweat the small differences. This said, I can still get very decent and repeatable charge weights from either my bench mounted or my progressive mounted Uniflow.

I agree that there are powders available nowadays which are suited for just as many different applications as what Unique is. However there aren't many "single" powders which can span the spectrum that it can.

I also admit that everyone does things the way it is best for them, or best suites the need they are after, and if your results are what your looking for then who am I to disagree.

Page generated in 0.02426 seconds with 8 queries