View Single Post
Old April 5, 2006, 05:53 AM   #2
BlueTrain

I'm not from here but an immigrant from West Virginia. My wife is, though, and we were married in D.C. across the street from the hospital where both she and her father were born. But that wasn't what you asked about.

First of all, there are no secret places. Way too many people around here for shooting anywhere out of doors and not bothering anyone. There are a few indoor ranges both here and in Maryland. The best, meaning the one I like the most, is Gilberts. It has a Lorton address but it's really in Newington, if you know the difference. There is another place called Blue Ridge Arsenal, almost within sight of my office window near Dulles. Their shop looks rather bare for guns anymore but they have an indoor range. There is also a place called Shooter's Paradise (I think that's the name, which is a good one). They are well stocked with everything but I've not seen the range.

For rifles, it is another story.

The NRA headquarters in Fairfax has an indoor range where I understand you can shoot rifles. I assume everyone here but me belongs to the NRA. There is also Clark Brothers on Rt. 29 the other side of Warrenton, which has been there forever. You buy the ammuntion and targets there and shoot for free. The store is jam packed with everything to make a shooter happy and the walls are decorated with old Winchester lever actions.

There are also public shooting ranges in the George Washington National Forest up the road a few miles but I've not been to one.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries