View Single Post
Old November 26, 2013, 09:20 AM   #37
Captains1911

Quote:
Assuming that this does signal the introduction of a compact, single-stack Glock...

In my experience (and among my circle of friends), while most people own one or maybe two of these compact pistols, they are seen as functional for CCW. Very few people seem to accumulate significant numbers of these types of pistol as they might with medium or large frame pistols or revolvers.

I wonder how many people have already satisfied their demand for a small and thin gun by buying one of the many offerings from other manufacturers? Will many have actually held off buying in the hope that Glock would eventually offer a similar pistol?
Good point. I personally got tired of waiting for Glock to offer a single stack sub compact 9mm, and therefore own a Ruger LC9 and a Springfield XDs. I feel that the XDs is the closest thing to a Glock, and I really do enjoy the pistol. If the Glock 42 is indeed a single stack 9mm of similar size, I will certainly purchase one and likely sell off the XDs assuming I'm happy with the Glock, no need for both. I'll probably give it at least a year or so though this time as I've learned my lesson the hard way buying newly released guns early.

Page generated in 0.02715 seconds with 8 queries