Thread: MAS 49/56
View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1
magyarbacsi

MAS 49/56

After many years in my locker, not me, the rifle, I stated to take interest in it.When I first acquired it, I was not impressed with the many problems that were associated with the 308 converted rifles. Eventually I resolved most of the problems one by one;
chamber polish
regulated gas block
checked head space
I was not impressed by the performance and was thinking of dumping it at a pawn shop or just keeping it as a sacrificial rifle to learn on. Then the price of guns and ammo of recent times changed my mind. Guns and ammo is worth its weight in gold.

I can vary the gas block to individual ammo to cycle. It was a simple job as I did not care to keep the gas block original and have way too many collectors rifles that are more accurate and worth more. A simple screw regulates how much gas to fed to the bolt without ripping the rim off the case. Non the less, I like my rifles to shoot and function well. Have not done rapid fire beyond the magazine capacity and it fed and ejected the 10 round fine, after I reworked it. My M93 with 182 gr shot at 100 yds was 3/4" MOA. All 3 holes were connected. I dont know what to expect from the MAS as that annoying sting keeps me from being too interested.
I have tried different makes of ammo and get the same result. I have to wear a glove so I dont get that bee sting like trigger.
Anyone else experienced the trigger sting in this model or any other semi- autos and were able to identify the fix.

Thanx in advance for any reasonable solution.

The only annoying issue remains is the trigger sting. Cant figure out why or what can cause it. I have read several posts in other forums an could not find a cure or cause.

Page generated in 0.03158 seconds with 8 queries