View Single Post
Old June 12, 2012, 09:41 PM   #9
dacaur

When I was using unique for my 9mm loads I used .66 for 5.4gr with 115gr bullets. When I switched to 124gr bullets I charged to the .57 hole, and it threw an average of about 4.5gr. Charges would vary anywhere from 4.3-4.7gr. I dont remember the exact variance with the .66 hole, I just remember being surprised that it thew such a low charge when I set it up at first with the .61 hole aiming for around 5.5gr

Currently I'm using power pistol instead. Using the .49cc cavity gives me 5.3gr (124grbullet, 9mm), the chart says 5.5. I also use the .34 cavity for 100gr .380 rounds, which drops 3.6gr, the chart says 3.8.

The disk cavity listed on the lee chart will ALWAYS drop a lower charge than what the chart says, they do that on purpose because they know there are morons out there that will look at the chart, and start loading without weighing anything, so there is a "buffer" to keep their loads within safe limits..... I have a feeling they give a bigger "buffer" for powders that dont meter as consistently. Hence a .7ish gr "buffer" for unique, and only a .2gr "buffer" for power pistol.

Page generated in 0.03342 seconds with 8 queries