View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 07:00 PM   #13
glenwood

trim 45 acp brass

I have over 2000 rounds through my Taurus 1911. The last two times out I got jams several times. To release the jam I used a screwdriver to tilt up the cartridge and then the slide slammed shut. I ejected the cartridges and put them in my pocket. At home I checked the cartridges and noted the brass lenght. On the four that jammed the length of the brass was about .995 to .997. this is less than the max. .998. I checked the rest of the fired brass. They measured from .988 to .992. I have never checked brass lenght before so I do not know if they grew in size or where this way new. I have fired this brass at least five times without this problem. One further note. At about 1500 rounds a problem developed. Smacking the magazine in place the top bullet would jam the same way. A gunsmith said there was a tight spot . Her polished it out and this problem is gone. I use four magazines one of which is a Wilson Combat. I do not think it is a magazine problem. I do not think it is a brass problem since the brass is still within specs. Any ideas.

Page generated in 0.02301 seconds with 8 queries