View Single Post
Old December 14, 2010, 10:27 PM   #28
Joker0370

God i love the history channel.

Lead does come from the ground, but not in the same form it is coming from your gun. The lead used for projectiles is processed from ore that is taken from the ground and then mixed with other metals to make a bullet. This bullet will be more of a pure-er form of lead. When exposed to other chemicals (air polution, acidic rain or acidic soil) it can react and find it's way into ground water or food supplies or what not. If your running a shooting range near a stream that feeds into farm which has a huge fishing lake down stream, there could be some problems for other people, which would be something you contributed to, which might not be so good morally or legally.

I was taught that as a sportsman, we are suppose to care about what we do, if not for ourselves, for those who come after us. The neglected ranges of the past made the laws that are now in place, and cleaning them up means more range fees for the rest of us.

As for the op: I'd try to shoot away from a creek bed. You don't want to find out that your killing or posioning the game on your own property or god forbid your neighbors. I'd also imagine that even if you and 5 buddies shoot once a week at that spot it would take you a life time or more to reach the point where you'd be meeting a pay range's effect on the environment.

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries