View Single Post
Old May 11, 2010, 08:29 PM   #6
chasman

Let me start by saying Im just starting to experiment with reloads in my Remmy. Im using up some Green Dot that I had. Going by the herculees book I have from years ago and talking to a retired cop that has reloaded for over 30 years. I have loaded from 5 grains to 8.6 grains of powder behind a 200 grain RNFP. My chronograph will be here tomorrow so I will post my findings this weekend after I shoot. I can tell you that the 8.6 grain loads do pack a little punch and I will just use that for defense. There are new powders out there now that produce greater velocities with less cup pressures. Hodgon titegroup is one of them. As far as recoil goes the Goex Black Dawg loads I have produce quite a bit more recoil than any reload I have made so far. I will test them on the chrony as well this weekend. Arent the new conversion cylinders capable of handling standard pressures of a 45 long colt? And if you reload with one of the powders that produce less pressure dont you think the frame could handle the recoil.

Page generated in 0.02977 seconds with 8 queries