View Single Post
Old November 6, 2009, 11:09 AM   #49
Jart

I'd bet it all revolves around what you're used to and whether you're easily distracted.

I wound up getting a single stage for prototyping and there's not much confidence inspiring about a block full of primed cases staring upward with nothing preventing a double charge other than one's attention - at least with an auto indexing progressive a charged case is yanked from under the powder drop - quite unlike my Redding that just lies there.

I don't for one minute doubt that you're seeing what you report in the reloading section. However, the conclusion you and others have drawn may not be a conclusion drawn by all. I spent some small amount of time in the reloading forum and tend to agree that it's a scary place - however, and no offense intended to the contributing members there, but it's also possibly got the worst signal-to-noise ratio of all of TFL. It's a hotbed of brand partisans that make S&W lock partisans look like diplomats at a Sunday ice-cream social.

Either way you're fine if you pay attention.
...and screwed if you don't.

A single stage is no panacea - I would even guess that its plodding production rate leads to some folks rushing the enterprise more than is healthy. Different conclusions: that's why God made horse races.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries