View Single Post
Old February 6, 2009, 01:11 AM   #3
szissman

Okay, just for grins I slipped a small finishing nail into the 2nd hole that I mentioned above and re-assembled the rifle. The slop is completely gone. I now encounter the seer spring immediately, which, I'm sure, has caused the seer to retract a little bit from its pre-firing position within the bolt.

The trigger pull (under pressure from the seer spring) has been shortend from roughly 1/4-inch to about 3/16-inch.

I "dropped" the cocked rifle on its butt five times before it finally fired on it's own. I haven't performed this test without the nail in place so I don't know if the rifle will fire under such conditions in its original configuration. This "seems" safe enough, but it would be interesting to get your feedback.

Also, if anyone's interested in seeing the assembled product and how the hole + nail has solved this problem, just let me know. Essentially, the positioning of the hole--once the nail is passed through it--prevents the trigger travelling further forward than the point at which it comes into contact with the seer spring.

Thanks,

Sol

PS: Yes, I plan to replace the nail with something more suitable.

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries