View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Perleyu

Back to talking scopes!

Hello all. A while ago I had a thread on here about budget scopes. A lot of you answered with your input, opinions, etc. And I appreciate all of the comments. I reported then that I had purchased a used scope on ebay, a Weaver 4x38 fixed power. For 55 bucks I figured it was right, especially with me having owned a couple of weavers over the years. But alas, it didn't work out. I finally put it on my Savage 340 (30-30) and attempted to line it up. Long story short it failed miserably. Shot over a box of (precious) ammo and could not get it to align. It would shoot a little to the right, so we would move the crosshairs a little to the left. Then it wouldn't even hit the target. Then move it back to the right a little and it would hit in a different place. In spite of numerous attempts like this, just wasted ammo. I reported earlier that it was an ebay buy, so I contacted the seller who was adamently defiant about the deal. Said he stated in his ad for it that it was non-returnable. When I got it I left favorable feedback due to the cosmetic condition and the shipping/packaging, so he says that I was happy with it and that he would not do anything. He suggested that I send it in to Weaver for fixing. But I'm not the original owner and I feel it is not my obligation to do this, but his as a seller. I've bought nearly 900 items through the years that I've been on ebay, and have only had problems with one other seller before this. What would you do???? Perleyu

Last edited by Perleyu; October 23, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Add a line.

Page generated in 0.02296 seconds with 8 queries