View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 10:39 AM   #17
lcpiper

Quote:
Doesn't Remington have other facilities? One further south on the east coast -- North or South Carolina. And their ammo plant in Lone Oak, Arkansas. That contract for the sniper rifles is a BIG deal, and if they need that Ilion, NY, facility to "git'er done", then I have problem with that. Our boys who will be using them, need them.
I have similar thoughts on this and I have developed a very keen distrust of everything published by the media so I want more real evidence before I get bent by something like this.

I'll be looking into this some to see just what the details are on this contract and let you guys know what I find.

OK, Nothing has been awarded to Remington between 12 March and Yesterday. The day following the award of any contract over $6.5 Million by the DoD it is posted here.
http://www.defense.gov/contracts/

So far I find nothing.

Since the news article was posted 8 March I'll have to see if I can find the archives.

Found it, 11 March.
Quote:
Remington Arms Co., LLC., Madison, N.C., is being awarded a ten year, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, firm-fixed-price contract for the purchase of the precision sniper rifle (PSR) system for U.S. Special Operations forces. The estimated contract value is $79,717,783. The maximum quantities for this requirement are projected to be 5,150 PSR systems and 4,696,800 rounds of ammunition. The work will be performed at Remington facilities in Ilion, N.Y., and Elizabethtown, Ky., and the ammunition at Barnes Bullets facility, Mona, Utah. The expected completion date is March 7, 2023. The contracting activity is U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., (H92222-13-D-0003).
EDITED: By this Wiki Link I see On March 8, 2013, the Remington announced that the Modular Sniper Rifle won the contract, beating out the Sako TRG M10. March 8th was also the day of the news article and the 11th was the next business day so the day DoD posted the award.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision_Sniper_Rifle

Anyway, there it is.

Last edited by lcpiper; April 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.04198 seconds with 8 queries