Thread: 45acp wheel gun
View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013, 10:39 AM   #16
Canardman

Quote:
Canardman,
While I don't have a 45ACP revolver I do have a Black hawk 357/9mm revolver. I find myself shooting more 9mm in this revolver than 357. In fact I don't take the 357 cylinder to the range. I have more fun shooting 9mm rounds. Despite what others say, the accurately on convertables is not bad. I can keep tight groups out to 20 yrds with my Blackhawk. With my aging eyes thats good enough for this old fellow. The S&W 625 is a fine revolver but I have never seen one for less than $850. Thats too rich for me. You can find a Black hawk for a lot less and have just as much fun. Plus if you reload the Black hawk is a better option. If I were you I would go for it.
Good luck,
Howard
They have the Blackhawk NIB for $549 at my local gun shop. I'm really thinking hard about it. I have a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk .357 and a Single Six. I love the Single Six and have never fired the .357. I figure one of these days it may be worth something NIB. Anyway, with all the Ruger firearms I own, I am not dissatisfied with any of them. (P90, SR556, 10/22)
As far as my statement about a "reasonable" price, let me crawfish a little. That seems to be the going price for them, just more than I want to pay for a "plinker". And I do reload, so this may be the correct option for me.

Page generated in 0.05024 seconds with 8 queries