View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 05:06 PM   #14
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaamt
I never had it apart, is it difficult? Is there a procedure, or do's and don'ts? I know, leave it alone! But it's not in my nature, just don't want to make it worse! LOL Getting the wheel out would be a great first step for easier cleaning.
ok, first lemme say that there's absolutely no need to take your revolver apart for routine cleaning. But, I get the sense you're itching to do it anyway, so I'll offer some tips so you don't damage the damned thing.

To get the cylinder off, carefully unscrew the screw above and forward of the trigger. Use a correct hollow-ground screw driver for this. Do not use a standard screwdriver - you'll bugger the screw and it'll look like bubba did a hack job on it.

Anyhow, after removing the screw and carefully placing it somewhere where it wont get lost, then carefully open the cylinder. At this point, the whole assembly can fall off the front of the gun and onto the floor, so hold the cylinder and gun, and set the gun on a table right side down with the cylinder sticking up. While holding the cylinder, carefully slide the yoke off the front of the gun. Voilá. Cylinder is removed. Don't go any further trying to get the ejector rod assembly apart. And be very careful when handling the cylinder assembly at this point, as a bent ejector rod will certainly affect the function of your gun.

And yes, I'm with AID_Admin on this one - sounds like you're looking at the throats. The throats are critical to the accuracy of your fine 19, so treat them as you'd treat the muzzle crown (i.e. carefully). If .357mag ammo drops right in, your chambers are clean enough.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries