View Single Post
Old October 16, 2005, 03:32 AM   #9
Doogle

As previously stated, these are quite different handguns..>

...and it is interesting how you have narrowed it down to these two, (of course, simple personal preference has alot to do with our choices in the end). If you haven't already tried them out at a range I think that would be advisable. I tried every pistol I could get my hands on in deciding and ended up with my first choice, the HP. I even gave the polymer pistols a run. Along the way I shot the Beretta 92FS and Brigadier. They are significantly larger handguns than the HP. I have smallish hands and could barely reach the double action trigger on the Berettas, (that may not be an issue for you). The single action trigger reach was fine but was heavy on the 92FS and ridiculously heavy on the Brigadier. People talk of the poor triggers on unworked HPs, but my experience on various examples has indicated that they are pretty good even with the magazine disconnect in place. They certainly aren't akin to a well-worked 1911 trigger, but that would be expecting a bit much. I dislike the slide mounted safety on the Beretta. In fact would choose the Taurus version, (PT99 or similar), with the frame mounted safety.

The HP just fitted my hand better than any other pistol with the exception perhaps of the 1911 models. I found it easy to shoot well. I have the standard tang hammer and have not experienced hammer bite, (with my example or 2 other HPs I have shot with the same hammer).

In the end I think either pistol would serve you fine, as long as you assure yourself that the weapon suits you and has the features you desire. Compare the two and then if they are still close, go with your heart. After all, the hobby has to be enjoyable!

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 8 queries