View Single Post
Old March 31, 2006, 07:39 PM   #2
RJay

Theres not a lot of history to review LaDel, During the the late 50s and into the 60s there were a number of westerns on TV. There were as many as 32 different shows , Lawman, Gunsmoke ( 22yrs), Have gun will travel, The Guns of Will Sonnet, The Westerner, Maverick, Sugarfoot,Wagon Train, Rawhide, and so on and so on. This caused a demand for western single action guns. About this time Colt decided to stop making the Colt Peacemaker ( real smart people). Hawes helped feed the demand by importing single action type guns from both Italy and Germany. They had about 8 to 10 different single action Marshall series. You could get them blued, chromed , half and half, Pearl handles, Rosewood,etc, etc. The Western Marshall was blue only and made by the German firm of J P Sauer and Sons . Introduced in 1968, discontinued in 1980. The value is not high and there's not much of a collectors market for them. In exc cond about 200 down to 135 in good. e-gunparts has some parts for them . I don't know of any records that would pinpoint the just what year your gun was made ( Hawes is long gone and I don't believe Sauer is making handguns anymore). Best I can do, hope that helps.

Page generated in 0.03334 seconds with 8 queries