View Single Post
Old July 25, 2008, 03:30 PM   #7
ED21

Quote:
With a conventional factory produced side lock percussion BP rifle what is the expected accuracy of a .490 round ball patched with a.015 pillow ticking patch over 90 grains of pyrodex RS at 50 and 75yds? the barrel is a 1 in 66 twist 32 ins long.ELMOUSMC
I see a problem here. You have a load which it appears you are not willing to change. Sure, your load may work in Tom's, Dick's, or Harry's gun but it might not work in yours when it comes to true accuracy. Just because they use that load, they may have different barrels, different type of pillow ticking, different starting technique, different standards or different ???? Consequently, each individual must work up the load they use for the best function intended.

I guess I got off on a tangent here Go up in your powder charge, go down, change patch materials, change patch lube, load with sprue up or down, ensure your pure lead source. Published and recommended loads from others are only the starting point. Play with it and you will eventually develop the load you are looking for. Good luck in your quest. That's part of the fun.

Page generated in 0.02004 seconds with 8 queries