Thread: Jim Zumbo
View Single Post
Old March 10, 2007, 01:46 PM   #37
DPris
Member Emeritus

Ant,
You may very well be right, and I may very well be wrong.
Ask my first two wives- I was ALWAYS wrong with them.
But, them's my feelings.
At this point, I don't see how anything Zumbo does will have any great impact anywhere, mitigationally or otherwise.
There'll be another minor flutter on the Internet when he does his much-ballyhoo'd "Me, The Nuge & The AR15" hunt, there'll be a couple "Praise The Lord, I Have Seen The Light!" articles, a few tolerant souls will forgive him because he knew not what he did (& Ted says Zumbo's really an OK kinda guy), and then we'll be left with the same aftermath of his remarks- Bradys quoting him for years, too late in life to re-kindle his career & re-establish his credibility, another brick in the wall between hunters & shooters, and so on.
The only good thing (albeit at the cost of his career) that will really come out of all this is that it showed the firearms & accessory industry quite clearly that hunters are not the only market for their wares, or even necessarily the largest market. Shooters, with AR owners buying huge numbers of tickets, are driving the bus, and the industry had better realize it. Zumbo demonstrated that in spectacular fashion, along with the power of the Internet.
Wait & see, I suppose.
Denis

Last edited by DPris; March 11, 2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Edited For Spelling.
DPris is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 8 queries