View Single Post
Old June 15, 2009, 12:10 PM   #437
margiesex

What it's worth

To jump into the fray, I live in S. E. PA. Very populated - and a hop from Jersey. Basically whatever you want is gone. In the last 4-5 weeks I have seen 9's at Walmart once, and they are limiting you to 6 boxes of handgun ammo a day. The range where I shoot has some, but you pay, and you pay if you get my drift.

For handloading, I'm struggling like everyone else. I NEVER go to the range now and NOT have someone ask me about rolling their own (I love to talk about the hobby and try to get new people in it all the time) once they see what I'm shooting, or like what I let them shoot.

If the local store would not have gone out of business, I don't think it would be different. As early as last Oct. (08) they were starting to feel the belt tighten on components. When they went out of business, well frankly I bought all they had - and when the range got an unexpectly shipment - I got what I could.

I hope those who are saying it's all gonna go away and there will be sales, even, etc. are correct. However, I doubt it. I have had bullets on order from Midway since last December and the last time they would give me any information, there were over 250 orders for what I have on order - and that's 500 rounds.....so that's what? over 150,000 before they would even put them back on the "in stock" side? They must have a million (literally) on order if we are ever to see them again. (I'm speaking of Rem. 230 grain Golden Sabre's in .451) - none to be had.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I see it getting worse as the Dem.'s and Obama put the crunch to the gun owners and shooters. Truly hope I'm wrong.

Margiesex

Remember: Hug your God and your guns - 'cause he's coming for them both - and soon!

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries