View Single Post
Old February 27, 2000, 05:13 AM   #12
Hal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheOtherMikey:
Man, just get an Ithaca or a Browning BPS shotgun which eject to the bottom and forget "making do" with a Remington 870. Those lefties who tell you that an 870 will work are just trying to rationalize a bad choice.

And ya, hold the nasty letters and other hate mail from Remington/Winchester/Mossberg owners.
[/quote]

No hate mail or anything here. I am a bit curious though why you think the 870 is a bad choice in this case? When I bought my right hand 870, I did so because Rem offers a left and safety/triggger thingie.(or so I've been told) I wasn't sure if I would like shooting a shotgun since my only other (painful) experience was with a 12 ga H&R single shot. I figured if I didn't like the 870, my son would get it, and since he's right handed, I didn't want to go the full left hand route. So far, I have yet to have a problem shooting it lefty, other than the safety, and like Clogbert says, it's no big deal. I do agree on the BPS as far as overall usefullness and ease of use. I like the bottom eject and the tang safety better, but the BPS, while a fine gun (and I do love my BPS 20 ga), it isn't an 870. I don't feel at all like I've had to "make do" with my 870, but since I don't have a great deal of experience with it, maybe I'm missing something. Since my 870 does duty as a house gun at times, if there is something I'm missing, I would appreciate a little further explanation. No flame intended. If anyone else can expand on this, I would also appreciate it. I hate to think of leaving the 870 in the safe, but if there is a hidden gotcha, I would rather know now instead of *then*.

Page generated in 0.02054 seconds with 8 queries