View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 05:38 AM   #1
jason41987

new rifle, AR15 build, or a newer generation rifle?

hey everyone, im looking for a new 5.56mm rifle, looking at either an AR-15 build from parts, or something newer such as a robinson XCR or remington/bushmaster ACR if anyone can make a compelling arguement for one of these two rifles, im aware of their specs, features, and differences, but dont havent actually fired any of the newer rifles yet..

for the AR-15, should i build one i dont think im going to do anything too special with it, just a flat top, SAW style grip (which i find very comfortable), free floating forearm, etc...

ive done my research on the piston options, and i really get the impression the manufacturers of these systems are trying to make AR owners believe theres a problem that isnt really there so theyll buy a product they dont really need... you lose accuracy, gain weight, and technically the AR-15 is already a short-stroke system, most these kits being short-stroke i dont see how it would add to reliability.. maybe make them quicker and easier to clean, but no more reliable

and the long stroke pistons, though may increase reliability by forcing the carrier back all the way, allowing it to power through an obstacle that may cause a jam, you end up with the same problems an AK has with barrel whip and loss of accuracy, as well as more perceived recoil...

--

so, could anyone supply a compelling arguement towards either gas system or the XCR-L, ACR, could possibly throw a SCAR-L and MSAR in there as well, though the MSAR (AUG) is almost as old a design as the M16 itself, its still a design ive always had a lot of respect for

in short, im looking for a capable, expandable, even modular, nato/stanag compliant rifle... do any of these really beat the classic AR15?

Page generated in 0.02348 seconds with 8 queries