View Single Post
Old April 4, 2009, 04:48 PM   #1
CaptainCrossman

holy pistols batman, today's gunshow was loaded with DEALS

well I just got back from the gunshow today, scored a NEW IN BOX- UNFIRED Uberti 1960 Army Richards First conversion- for only $400 plus tax- the cylinder pin was not even pushed all the way in, just like they are in the gun stores after being factory assembled.

this is the one w/rear sight on the conversion breech ring- what a NICE gun

no longer available new from vendors- this was part of a collection- a few handling scratches/nicks, but otherwise a mint gun- looks like the cylinder was hardly spun but a few times, wasn't even scratched

the place was LOADED with BP cap/ball pistols in the $125-200 range, with steel frames, a Uberti for $200 unfired, another Euroarms w/holster unfired for- get this- $125 !!

gun dealers are getting OFF the ginned up prices, and the prices are coming down- finally.

now the kicker- the place was LOADED with vintage Colt 1860's BP cap/ball guns- the "real deal"- in the $600-1800 price range- NO KIDDING !

very nice working 1860 Armys- 1 for only $1000 w/changed barrel, another for $1800 all numbers matching, several pocket 5-shot pistols $600-700 each

It's obvious places like gunbroker and guns america online are way overpriced, a big gun show is the place to go for a deal.

I may go back tomorrow, and see if I can get that Uberti Navy for $150. There was another 1860 Army vintage 1970's for $270, and a really nice 1950-60's vintage Italian made Colt Dragoon- for $370.

I'm starting to really believe, the best BP cap/ball guns were made decades ago, and those are the ones to seek out/buy. Pics to follow of the 1860 Richards 1st Conversion

Page generated in 0.02521 seconds with 8 queries