Thread: Dog attack
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2005, 11:57 AM   #52
Trip20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426
We can debate this until eternity but if, God forbid, happened to your child, wife, self, etc... your view point would most likely change. You will ask why is the owner of a dangerous animal allowed to let the dog escape and harm my family.
I wouldn't ask why the owner is allowed to let the dog escape - because I know he's not allowed. There are already laws in place to forbid dog owners from letting this happen - yet it always will. Just as laws are in place regulating firearms - but every day someone uses them for criminal purpose. C'est La Vie I suppose.

No hard feelings stephen426. And your right, we could probably debate this for eternity. It was a pleasure hearing your opinion, and arguments. I had a good time considering your points, and formulating my retort.

I think it's best for me to step out of this thread for the time being, Duxman is right, this went a completely different route from what the original poster intended - I might add, one that I tried to avoid with my first few posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip20
Please don't turn this into a Pitbull/Rotty/Doberman/German Shepard bashing thread.......
Quote:
…these dog threads degenerate into breed bashing that is not necessary.
Quote:
…just trying to steer this away from an unproductive debate.
And silly me, just when you think your righteous you do the very thing your trying to avoid! Jeez I need to work on my self-restraint.

Page generated in 0.03833 seconds with 8 queries