View Single Post
Old June 21, 1999, 05:20 AM   #6
Hal

The Aguila mini rounds work OK in a break action, but are too small to cycle through a pump action and too weak to cycle an auto ( they are also too small to feed through an auto). At 6 to 7 dollars a box/25 they are also expensive. The recoil level is approx 75% of light target loads, but the sound level is about that of a .38 Special. I bought a box of #9 to try in my SXS Coach gun. I would use them if noise was a concern, such as in an enclosed room, hallway etc. For reduced recoil for practice or such, you are better off with light 2 3/4" loads and a shoulder pad of sorts. From the price standpoint alone, if you shoot 25 rounds a week, you could buy a 20ga for practice with the difference in price between the mini rounds and standard size and pay for it within 24 months, sooner if you get a good deal on shells or reload. IMHO they are a niche product that fill a need for a quiet but effective round. Aguila also sells them in 00buck, with 6 instead of the usual 9 pellets. If I found a local source of for the 00, such as browsing a show or dealer, I would pick up a box. I would not go too far out of my way to do it though. The SXS is also, IMHO a niche gun as far as home or camp protection. Nice to have when you need it, but my 870 does everything better and less painfully.

------------------
(!)

Page generated in 0.02307 seconds with 8 queries