View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 02:43 PM   #6
FoghornLeghorn

Quote:
They are much lighter and more compact than any other action type, including my 30-30 lever guns.
My BLR is the older steel receiver type w/a lightweight scope. It weighs in at about 6 1/2 pounds. It honestly feels no heavier than my scoped Ruger Redhawk I used to carry. I haven't seen any bolt action that light.

But about the Browning. I used to own both Marlin and Winchester lever actions so I'm familiar with them.

The BLR has detachable mags. I like those for obvious reasons, although for the older Brownings these mags can be expensive. Still, I like the detachable mag vs. the tubular mag.

The BLR also has locking lugs on the bolt which lock into place much like a bolt action. Neither the Winchester nor Marlin does this.

Also, with those other lever actions, I would occasionally bruise my finger when I ejected/chambered a round. With the BLR, the entire trigger group follows the lever. I really like that design. John's grandson, Bruce, is credited with the BLR design. I guess genious ran in the family.

One other thing. I can mount a scope on the BLR. I couldn't do that with the Winchester.

Finally, the BLR comes in a wide variety of calibers. That's pretty neat also. Mine is in 308, as is my Sig 716 and SA M1A. Several platforms with one caliber comes in handy.

Heck, I might just stick with the BLR.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries