View Single Post
Old March 23, 2012, 10:44 AM   #11
output

I grew up in one of the worse neighborhoods of Chicago. There were never 6-7 guys standing next to my driveway or anyone else’s driveway on a daily basis. If there were (and we did not know them) the police would have been called. If you live in a neighborhood and are not new to the area I would expect you to know what is and is not common for your own area. If the victim in this case was use to 6-7 people standing on the street next to his home then obviously my advice has a flaw.

Also, if I am not mistaken in June of 1992 the Chicago City Council passed a loitering ordinance that gave police officers exceptionally broad power to disperse any group of two or more people standing in public (if the police suspect that the group includes a gangmember.) Under that ordnances any person who did not promptly obey an order to disperse was/is subject to arrest and six months in prison. The law's language is deliberately expansive to allow the police to clean up the streets based on their suspicions of gang membership rather than waiting for a crime to take place.

Don’t most other large municipalities have similar ordinances?

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries