View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 05:41 PM   #11
steveNChunter

Ok Ill try to answer some of the questions/possible issues that have been brought up.

I dont handload, I wish I did and I will someday when we have a larger place of our own that will have a dedicated "man room" but as of right now we rent a singlewide (no extra space at all). I have been shooting Winchester super-x 100gr. power points in it. Im going to switch to 95gr. Federal Fusions and see how those do.

I havent done so yet but Im going to adjust the trigger down to about 2.5 lbs.

My thinking on floating the barrel is that it may be more accurate on the first shot or two when floated, but not as good on 5 shot groups. Am I correct in thinking that? I would rather have that first, cold bore shot be more accurate as that should be all she needs to kill a deer. If it takes more than that then its not the guns fault. If the gun will shoot even 2-shot groups better by floating the barrel then its worth doing on a hunting rifle IMO.

No, 2 MOA is not a problem if that ends up being the best the gun will shoot, shes not the best shot ever and she doesnt shoot long ranges but if I can make some cheap or free tweaks to make it shoot better then why not?

I may bed the action if it still doesnt shoot any better after floating the barrel and adjusting the trigger

Last edited by steveNChunter; January 24, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.02248 seconds with 8 queries