View Single Post
Old October 23, 2011, 08:50 PM   #16
sc outdoorsman

In my mind my coworker made a horrible decision, but it was no accident. He aimed his rifle, took the safety off and fired the rifle. I know he has to live with it forever, but I believe he knows it wasn't as well.

Brian, your story reminds me of one of the last few times I hunted on public land. We had access to the public land from a small from area of private land we hunted. It was a good way from any public access road. I was in the stand and heard someone shoot a shotgun 5 times 300 yards or so from me. About 20 or so minutes later a medium size buck came in about 80 yards below my stand and I dropped him. I was hunting with a friend so I waited in the stand to let him finish his hunt. I guess it was around 45 minutes later I heard something and caught movement to my right. It was on the same trail the buck had followed. The idiot that shot the shotgun came in and asked if he wounded the deer. I told him I did't know but he was dead now and he kept walking through the woods like that he would be too.
I still get mad knowing he knew where I was. He heard me shoot and the bullet hit from my .30-06 and he still came in to my stand. If a deer had come between me and him I could have shot him and not known it. He never yelled or whistled or anything to let me know he was human. I don't how he could trust someone not to shoot him.
This happened around 15 years ago and I am fuming as I write this!!!

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries