View Single Post
Old June 5, 2011, 10:20 PM   #8
GURU1911

Old school dudes

Jim & i are both from the "old school"---we purchase a brand of nm oversize bushing that we have learned to trust & keep several in stock. After measuring the id of the slide, we then turn down the od of the bushing to a close fit & then lap it in for the final.

We measure the od of the barrel & then ream the id of the bushing to a close fit & then lap and hand polish for the final.

With a properly fitted nm barrel bushing & a cut and polish on the barrel muzzle, the difference in group sizes will amaze you---if you can shoot well.

The whole point is to eliminate or minimize those mechanical & ammunition related problems with the pistol. Then if the shot is good or bad, the fault will lie entirely with you.

"the only nut i cannot tighten, is the one holding the pistol"
---guru1911 (1976)

myself, jim, & scorch are here to help you & the other shooters on this forum with equipment related problems. Once that has been done, then the rest is up to you---practice dry fire, practice live fire, clean weapon, & repeat as frequently as possible.

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 8 queries