View Single Post
Old July 31, 2009, 10:12 AM   #11
prestigegunleather

to ALL,

pardon me for not responding to each of your questions separately, but i type too slow these days (arthritis!) to do un-necessary typing.

every one of the 15-round magazines that i ever saw had "GFC, DALLAS" stamped on them. i have no idea if there were other manufacturers/vendors.
(the 15-rounders were NOT popular, except as "tower rifles", as the magazines were LONG & "in the way & burdonsome" to carry in a patrol car. further, my understanding is that the 20-round "banana clips" were just plain UNWORKABLE & JAMMED constantly.)

fyi, i've never seen an ad for the GFC magazines, either, BUT i have shot a 1907 with one of the 15-rounders on the DCSO range (long ago). - i've never seen one of the "banana clips" at all.

fwiw, the 1907 that i desperately wanted, but couldn't buy (a ranking DPS supervisior/ORANGEBLOOD "snatched it") was a CASED 1907 that was (nicely) engraved on the action: Property of The University of Texas.
the black leather-covered hardcase had a brass plaque with a longhorn design & Property of The University of Texas. - as far as i can find out, it was the ONLY one that the UT Police ever bought.
(fyi, if you cut me, i bleed BURNT ORANGE!! = i paid a PREMIUM for my S&W Model 64, 4" plain barrel ,that was "surplused off" by UTPD about 1990. the backstrap is marked: Univ. of Texas Property.)

should any reader know of a UT-related firearm for sale, i would be a BUYER for it.

note to readers who are NOT one of us "Wild Texicans" (all of us REAL Texans are CRAZED over high school & college football. - even the COWBOYS don't provoke the general NUTTINESS of the UT/A&M game or the TEXAS/OU weekend. those two football games have provoked more divorces than adultery!) : "you don't want to know" what price (think FIVE figures) that a "plain vanilla" property-marked Model 94 Winchester brought some years ago in a state auction. the reason: the action was marked PROPERTY OF THE TEXAS A&M COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE.
("horse doctors" all over Texas & the SW bid on the Model 94, as well as LOTS of other just plain AGGIES!!! ====> fyi, i believe AGGIES are a LITTLE crazier than ORANGEBLOODS, but i'm not sure of that. - CHUCKLE.)

yours, PG

Page generated in 0.02621 seconds with 8 queries