View Single Post
Old December 23, 2009, 10:11 AM   #1
sforce68

Browning .243 Safari Grade Made In Finland; Info Needed.

I just picked up a Browning .243 bolt action and would like to know some history; date of manufacture etc... The rifle has no model number on it; only says Browning and made in Finland. The serial number is 1568Z4. The rifle is in like new condition well at least 98% overall. I picked it up for $600 and it has a Leupold Vari X III 3.5 -10 X50 scope on it! I don't believe it is a salt wood gun as I have removed the butt plate screws and they had zero rust. I paid $600 for it largely because of the scope that was on it with the intention of giving it to my 11 year old son for Christmas as his first deer rifle. After a little research I have found these rifles without a scope or with a cheap scope selling for between $1,000 to $1,500 on Gun Broker and Guns America; this rifle is mint so it would go for somewhere closer to the $1,500 mark I would guess. I am very torn as far as should I give this rifle to my son for Christmas or just hold on to it since it seems to be very collectable. At the price I paid especially with the scope on it I thought it would be great for my son, but now I just don't know. I would really like to have some history though and the manufacture date. Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries