View Single Post
Old April 6, 2010, 10:59 AM   #2846
FlyFish

That's very good news about the front sight, Aarond. I hate to see these classic old revolvers modified in any way that can't be undone. I've purchased a couple of guns where previous owners had done something similar, either with paint or nail polish, and a bit of acetone on a cleaning patch took it right off with no harm to the blueing. Of course, if you like it that way there's no reason not to just leave it.

With regard to the grips - yes, your K-22 should have left the factory with grips numbered to the gun. The numbers will be stamped toward the bottom of the right-hand grip, i.e., the one that fits into your palm when you hold the gun right-handed. The number stamped on the grip will not include any serial number prefix, so in your case only the numeric digits "1327XX" or perhaps only the last few digits will be stamped. Good luck on that - it would be great to keep the original grips with the gun, even if you leave the target grips on for shooting.

I believe it's likely that the original grips will be the "magna" style, not oversized target grips. The detailed discussion of grips starts on p. 19 of SCSW, for when your copy arrives.

Page generated in 0.02653 seconds with 8 queries