View Single Post
Old August 16, 2009, 11:17 AM   #54
Ruffian

Just thought I'd update you all...

...my mother and husband dropped off all of the guns at a recommended consignment shop yesterday, and a friend of ours bought and picked up the gun safe. Mom is very relieved to have them all out of the house, and very grateful--she said it never would have occurred to her o have done it this way.

I was surprised at some of the prices; the Remington XB target rifle he's only listing at $350, but there are a hundred and one different reasons why that may have been. Still, some of the other prices were nicer than I anticipated, so it evened out. The dealer also took all of the unopened ammo, some holsters, and various other accessories. Mom is pleasantly stunned; she's looking at about $3000+ incoming to her after the dealer takes his 20%. It really is a nice outcome--she's not going to get the best prices, but she's going to get a fair one...AND they're all out of the house.

Thank all of you, again, for your guidance. This really was a large task, and I feel it was done well. I would not have had much clue what to do without you! Thank you from all of us!

Page generated in 0.03001 seconds with 8 queries