View Single Post
Old July 27, 2000, 09:36 PM   #17
paratrooper

Just let me jump in here for a second and tell my little story . I was a paratrooper stationed for a time at Ft. Richardson out side of Anchorage . We did a lot of training all over Alaska . We made so much noise most of the time the bears probably wished we would go away . Good for them because with all the .44 and .357 talk I would be no doubt the last man standing with an M-60 .
After my service stint I went back to Alaska to prospect for gold . My weapon of choice was a sawed off shotgun worn in a cross draw . I was ready . Not too smart but ready . I still thought I was bullet proof . Still haven't seen a bear at this point .
Went back to work in a cannery off the Alaskan Peninsula . On my days off I would play around on the Peninsula with some other guys looking for gold and exploring . Still have not seen a bear . Signed on a Halibut fishing boat for more adventure . Went to Kodiak for a stop on the way to the fishing grounds . Still with my sawed off feeling safe . Went to The Kodiak Inn and saw a stuffed Kodiak Bear out in front standing on it's hind legs with arms held high .
I don't ever want to see a live one PERIOD!!!!! . Don't believe that it looks evil ? Check it out if you ever get there .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA GOA

Page generated in 0.04366 seconds with 8 queries