View Single Post
Old July 26, 1999, 09:21 PM   #8
David's USP

Abruzzi,

I just started shooting shotguns about 3mos ago (shoot trap about 3 times a week) so my "knowledge" is kinda limited. I shot many of my friends shotguns before purchasing my Browning Citori Special Trap Edition (w/30" barrels). From my modest experience in comparing similar guns with and with out porting is that while the porting DOES help control muzzle flip(good for getting on that second bird or keeping the cheek from getting bruised) and contributes very little (or none at all) to reducing recoil. To put it quite simply, You need to add some weight or go with another type of recoil reducer. I purchased my Citori used and the PO had installed a Mercury filled recoil reducer in the stock (basically a tube filled with mercury about 6 or so inches long put in a hole drilled in the back of the stock then covered by the recoil pad.)

Browsing throught the Brownells webpage, http://brownells.com/homePage.asp, I saw a few versions available for sale. They also had one that you can put in one of the barrels, in lieu of a shell, if you don't want to drill into the stock. Obviously, if you are shooting doubles, etc, this won't do.

Good Luck,

David

------------------
NRA Life Member
It ain't my grammer, it's me tpyign!
Sometimes it is eaiser to apologize than ask permission

[This message has been edited by David's USP (edited July 26, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by David's USP (edited July 26, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.04078 seconds with 8 queries