View Single Post
Old April 30, 2013, 04:54 PM   #34
csmsss

Quote:
With all that said, there's one double action .357 Magnum revolver out there that may be TOUGHER than all others that has not yet been mentioned, and that's the .357 cal Ruger Redhawk. They only made them for a short time in the early 90s (IIRC) and they are...massive.
I owned one of these revolvers for a few years - and I loved it, but was not "in love" and sold it. The grip frame was just wrong for my hand, no matter what grips I tried to use to make it better.

It's also extremely muzzle heavy (but I like muzzle heavy, so to me that wasn't a downside).

But tough? Tough as a truck full of barrels of nails. I imagine there might be a load that could hurt that pistol, but I have a funny feeling you could put a case full of bullseye behind a 158 grain bullet and it wouldn't hurt the gun one bit.

At the end of the day, though, it's a revolver that's neither fish nor fowl. It's the size of a .44 mag Redhawk, but weighs even more because of the extra metal in the cylinder and barrel. It's simply not a carry piece, and heavier than I'd like to take into the field. So, at a time when I needed some extra cash, it was expendable. Oddly, it doesn't sell at a premium (or at least it wasn't selling at a premium when I unloaded mine) - in fact, I'm pretty sure it was selling at a discount compared to the Redhawk in 44 mag.

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries