View Single Post
Old April 29, 2013, 04:51 PM   #17
dgludwig

Quote:
Couple un-modified, Colt 1911 Series 70, I didn't see them fail.
Back in 1968, I bought a new Colt Government model that I could never get to run reliably. Finally sold it with full disclosure a couple of years ago. On the other hand, I have a Series 70 Gold Cup that I bought new in the early seventies that has been a real trooper when it came to reliability and accuracy. Thousands of rounds (mostly reloads) have been shot down this pistol with nary a bobble in many Bullseye matches. Lest somebody think otherwise, I am a big proponent of the 1911 pistol and I also have a SIG 1911 that has performed impeccably.

But my vote for the most reliable semi-autos that I own (which includes the aforementioned 1911s, an HK USP 40, a CZ 85B, a Beretta 92, a SIG 220, and a SIG 226) has to go to the Smith "Third Generation" line of pistols in all of their many iterations (including the "hybrid" Model 945). Mine are as reliable as the sun coming up in the east no matter what I shoot through them.

A caveat worth mentioning, I suppose: I've never owned a Glock pistol but have shot a couple without incident.

Page generated in 0.03497 seconds with 8 queries