View Single Post
Old April 29, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1
kraigwy

Pistol observations.

Yesterday I shot a USPSA match. Good weather good turn out.

I'm thinking of getting a new pistol simply because I haven't got one in a while. Maybe jumping on the Glock ban wagon.

So I concentrated on the guns not the shooter/shooting. I was really surprised at the amount of malfunctions. Good shooters, fair shooters, new shooters, there seemed to be a lot of malfunctions.

Maybe I just never paid attention before.

Glocks surprised me, I thought they were suppose to be super reliable. Seem most of the malfunctions were from Glocks. Granted there were a lot of Glocks but still.

S&W M&Ps seem to do a lot better. But still had some malfunctions. Expensive or highly modified guns = malfunctions.

Couple un-modified, Colt 1911 Series 70, I didn't see them fail. The only Beretta shooters I know didn't show up, but in the past they seemed to be highly reliable.

A few revolver shooters, zero problems, including me, my $200 used Model 64 didn't fail, but then it never does.

I shoot cast bullets in everything. My Beretta is the only 9mm I've found (may be others but I haven't had one) that doesn't have problems with cast bullets.

In conclusion I don't need a new pistol. I have a couple 1911s, a Series 70 Gold Cup and a USGI 1911a1, they don't care what bullets I use, they work.

Of course my revolvers work. Beretta 92FS works, I have a Smith Sigma that never fails but I can't shoot that one very well.

The targets in USPSA are large and close, you don't need pin point accuracy, but time is critical, you need reliability.

I think I'll hold off on getting a new pistol for a while, watch some more matches and see what works and what doesn't.

In the mean time I'll stick to my revolvers.

Sorry to step on Glock owners toes, but they don't seem to be as reliable as they are suppose to be. I know, lots of people will chime in saying their brand X or brand Y never jams, maybe so........just going by what I saw.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03913 seconds with 8 queries