View Single Post
Old March 31, 2012, 07:35 PM   #18
Ignacio49

"...
I don't get the ... "when field stripping, to remember to first tap (slam?) my hand with the gun (slide side) so that inertia makes the rear of the RSA to sit into the circular notch."
...It just takes a gentle press against the steel disk base of the RSA with your thumb to fully seat the rear of the RSA in the semi-circular half moon notch.."

fastbolt, I probably didn't express myself clearly - English is not my native language.

The problem happens when trying to field strip the gun. Please note that we start with a fully assembled gun, and therefore it is not possible to reach the RSA.
I can not field strip the gun smoothly (sometimes, not allways) because the steel disk base of the RSA is out of position, digging into the frame. I can not pull the slide out smoothly - I have to use force, which causes the chatter marks. To avoid this, I slam (maybe hit is a better word) as mentioned, to get the RSA back in its place... or at least to get it move towards its place enough to not dig into the frame, allowing the slide to move forward freely/smothly.

I hope it is clear now. Please let me know otherwise.

Last edited by Ignacio49; April 1, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02993 seconds with 8 queries