View Single Post
Old September 3, 2009, 02:12 PM   #77
Woodmaster

Just got a brand new one

I just bought a brand new 750 30-06. I have to say that after reading reviews and horror stories here and there I was very cautious and read the entire manual before trying to shoot the gun.

First of all, the manual clearly says that the chamber MUST be cleaned with a brush and some solvant prior to shooting the first round. So those people who got shell stock in the chamber should have read the manual first. I used Remington Locked Core (cheapest available rounds) 165 gr and not a single shell got stock in the chamber.

Second. When I got my firearm, I had problems crancking the operating handle completely. The friction between the breech bolt and the hamer was so harsh that it made crancking the handle quite hard.

It made me worried if the barrel pressure would be able to make the autoloading work properly.

So at some point I had a chance to try my new rifle and adjust the new scope in the same time.

At first, as I feared auto loading did not work at all. I had to cranck it manually every single time to eject the empty shell and get the new one in.

It took about 10 shots before auto loading started to work. Then auto loading started to fail less and less, until I was able to empty a full magazine 4-1 entirely without a problem. I'm not saying it's 100% reliable at this time, but it went from 100% failure to 100% success in less then 40 rounds.

so I shot less then 40 rounds so far and I'm convinced I need to shoot at least 200 rounds before taking this babe in the woods. Something I have noticed though, when it doesn't cycle properly, the precision is very bad, it can shoot as bad as 18 inches off at 100 yards. But when it cycles properly, I can get a group of 3 in a range of 1.5 inches at 100 yards. I must go back to the shooting range to finish adjusting my scope in order to zero that group.

As other people already said, it needs to break in. The firearm is sold for $650 with synthetic stock. One could not expect that a firearm made in US and sold for 650 has been tested for hours in factory. If anything, they have probably shot a round or two, inspect the mechanic and that's it.

I purchased this firearm by faith, and instead of panicking when it got jamed, I kept my faith and I just kept shooting and got better.... and better.

I'll follow up after having shot my 200+ round.

Last edited by Woodmaster; September 3, 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries