View Single Post
Old July 12, 2000, 05:33 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

(Stepping up on soapbox)....

First, I regard ease of weapon retention as a non-issue, for the reason you cite. MY beef with PGs has more to do with Hollywood than not. As for PGs on full stocks, six of one, half dozen of another.

Second issue, considering the political climate of most jurisdictions now, even in a justified shooting the DA(who probably has political aspirations) will go for painting a gun owner/user as a wacked out, violent danger.That applies even if you're an exemplary citizen and a credit to your race(human).SO why give him ammo? The weapon used will be in court, and the appearance will count more than it should. My reply will be something like...

"Sir, I've been shooting that very shotgun since 1958.After becoming a Fireams Instructor, I modified it to serve better as a tool for protecting my family in accordance with what was taught to me by my instructors and what literature in the field that I found.That model,the Remington 870 Wingmaster,was/is also the shotgun used on duty by the Md Dept of Public Safety,and I received training on safety and proper use".

Note that the last can come back and haunt you if you've( or I) shot recklessly or badly.

Page generated in 0.02921 seconds with 8 queries